What to do after an accident?
- Make sure to take down the registration number of all vehicles involved.
- Make sure to take down the names and contact phone numbers for all drivers involved.
- Report the accident to the Police. They should provide you with a traffic incident report (QP Number).
- If the car accident is not reported to the Police, My Car Accident Lawyer can do that for you.
- See your General Practitioner or the local hospital to have your injuries assessed and for medical advice.
- Talk to My Car Accident Lawyer for free initial advice about your legal rights to make a compensation claim for any personal injuries you have suffered
- Lodge the Notice of Accident Claim form on the Compulsory Third Party insurer (CTP insurer) within the strict time limits that apply (please see the Claims Process section of our website).
What can we do to help you?
If you haven’t done some or all the steps above, do not worry. My Car Accident Lawyer will take all steps necessary to protect your legal rights to claim personal injury compensation after a car accident.
Car accident compensation claims (CTP Claims) can be stressful and involve lots of strict laws and regulations. My Car Accident Lawyer can ease at least this burden on you, so you can focus on your recovery. We will take the hassle out of the claims process for example by:
- Keeping you informed of the steps along the claim process.
- Dealing with the insurance company.
- Organising for the insurance company to pay for some of your treatment and rehabilitation.
- Organise to have some of your out of pocket expenses (e.g. medical bills, medication, physiotherapy bills etc) reimbursed to you.
- Any out of pocket expenses you don’t have paid or reimbursed, we will ensure are made a part of your claim against the insurance company.
- Arrange a negotiation session (often called a compulsory conference) with the insurance company.
- Arrange to have a Barrister represent you, when necessary.